Curly Maples Applesauce Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup applesauce
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with applesauce.
- Mix just until combined.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Yield: about 1 1/2 dozen.