1/4 cup Hungry Jack® Microwave Ready Regular Syrup
3 large egg yolks
1/2 cup heavy cream
6 tablespoons Crisco® Butter Shortening, melted
1/2 cup toasted sweet coconut, crumbled
1/2 cup toffee bits
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large egg whites
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow creme
Additional toasted sweet coconut to sprinkle over top
How to make it
1. COMBINE flour, salt and sugar in large bowl. Cut in shortening using pastry blender or 2 knives until all flour is blended in to form pea-sized chunks. Sprinkle water over mixture, one tablespoon at a time; toss with a fork until dough will form a ball.
2. DIVIDE dough as follows: 2/3 of dough for crust and 1/3 of dough for leaves around crust. Press dough to make 2 pancakes. Lightly flour surface and rolling pin. Roll larger pancake into a circle to fit a 9-inch pie plate. Fold dough into quarters and unfold and press into pie plate.
3. ROLL remaining dough; cut leaves to place around outer crust, using ice water to attach. Cover crust with plastic wrap; place in refrigerator while preparing filling.
CANDIED ALMOND LAYER:
1. SPRAY a pie plate or shallow pan with no-stick cooking spray. Combine almonds, maple syrup and brown sugar in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir gently until mixture comes to a full boil. Boil 1 minute. Turn out into prepared pie plate. Cool.
SWEET POTATO LAYER:
1. HEAT oven to 350ºF. Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, maple syrup, egg yolks, heavy cream, melted shortening, toasted coconut, toffee bits and vanilla in medium bowl. Mix until well blended. Set aside.
1. BEAT salt and egg whites in medium bowl until soft peaks form. Add marshmallow creme gradually. Beat until stiff peaks form.
1. CRUMBLE candied almond layer; sprinkle evenly over bottom of prepared crust. Gently pour sweet potato layer over first layer. Bake 45 minutes.
2. INCREASE oven to 375ºF. Spread topping over filling, covering completely to edge of pie. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Sprinkle with additional toasted coconut and serve.