Mothers Applesauce Muffins
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine, flour, cinnamon, all-spice and baking soda; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, applesauce and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in raisins.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack.
- Yield: 2 dozen.