Green Chile And Cheese Pie
- 1 prepared 9" deep-dish pie crust
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Colby jack cheese
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles, drained
- 1 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 1/8 tsp. Menudo Mix seasoning
How to make it
- With a fork, poke holes in bottom and sides of pie crust. Bake at 400* just until the crust is pale golden, about 12 minutes. Let cool slightly. Reduce oven temperature to 325*.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of cheese over bottom of pie crust. evenly spread chiles over cheese.
- In a medium bowl, beat half-and-half, eggs and menudo mix seasoning, until blended. Pour over chiles. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 325* oven until center of pie appears set when pan is gently shaken, about 40 minutes. Let set for about 15 minutes before cutting; serve warm or at room temperature.