Texan Rice And Peas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 slice bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups beef or veggie stock
- 1 (10oz) pkg frozen green peas
- 1 cup uncooked regular rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
How to make it
- Combine butter, olive oil, bacon, and onion in a large saucepan; cook over medium heat until onion is tender (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in beef stock, and bring to a boil.
- Add peas, rice, salt and pepper; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and cook until rice is tender (20 to 25 minutes).
- Remove from heat, and stir in cheese.