Devilishly Good Food For Angels
- Time 10 minutes
- Serves 10
- 6 oz. chocolate bits (You can add more for a thicker consistency)
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 eggs separated, be sure not to get any yolk in the whites
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 9 inch angel food cake, either store bought, made from a mix or from scratch.
- Equipment - 13 x 9 x 2 inch Pyrex dish (You can use a smaller dish with higher sides for a thicker dessert)
How to make it
- Cook and cool, to about room temperature,the chocolate bits, white sugar, water and egg yolks. Be sure all the bits have melted.
- Tear the angel food cake into bite size pieces. Place in Pyrex dish.
- When the chocolate mixture is cool mix in the vanilla.
- Whip the egg whites until firm but not dry.
- Whip the cream until firm but not dry.
- Gently fold whipped cream and egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the angel food cake in the dish.
- Chill overnight or until firmly set.