Seafood Pot Au Feu
- Time 45 minutes
- Serves 12
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 quart strong clam or fish stock
- Pinch saffron
- 3 sprigs parsley, dill and basil, coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled, diced small
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled
- 1 pound fresh scallops
- ½ pound crabmeat
- ½ pound mussels, out of shell
- 1 pound white fish fillets, cut up
- 2 cups cream
How to make it
- Saute onions, celery and garlic in oil until translucent.
- Add carrots and tomatoes, stir over heat, then add stock.
- Bring to boil, add saffron and herbs.
- Cook 20 minutes on low heat.
- Add potatoes; cook until tender.
- Add seafood, heat, season to taste with salt and pepper, then stir in cream.
- This is a meal for a small crowd! *smile*