Chicken Cordon Bleu CasseroleFrom momoften 5 years ago
- 1/2 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste shopping list
- 4 cups shredded cheese - mozarella or swiss shopping list
- 1 pound ham, cubed shopping list
- 1 pound noodles - (farfalle, radiatori, mafalda are our favorites) shopping list
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs or buttery cracker crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat the oven to 350*F. Grease a 9 x13-in. baking pan.
- Cook the pasta according to directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Toss together with cheese and ham in a large bowl.
- Sautee the onion. Add the chicken and brown. Add into the pasta mixutre.
- Melt butter in the pan over medium heat, stir in the flour and allow to cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly until thickened.
- Stir the white sauce into the pasta mixture. Stir until everything is thoroughly mixed together.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with bread crumbs or cracker crumbs. Bake 30-35 minutes, until hot a bubbly.