No-Knead White Bread
- Time 45 minutes
- Serves 10
- 2 packages active dry yeast or 2 tablespoons dry yeast
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 3/4 cups warm water
- 6 1/2 cups (1 lb. 13.25 ounces) flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
How to make it
- Grease 2 bread pans and set aside.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in the warm water and allow to sit for about 5 minutes in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Using your dough hook (or elbow grease, if mixing by hand) and the mixer on low, slowly add in 1/2 the flour, the salt and the olive oil until combined. Blend on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the remaining flour on low speed or by hand.
- Cover the bowl and let rise until doubled, 30-45 minutes (depends on how warm the kitchen is).
- Stir the batter down and and divide equally into the bread pans.
- Let rise until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven about 10 minutes into the last rise. The oven should be heated by the time the bread is doubled.
- Bake at 325* for 45 minutes, until golden brown and done (the bread will sound hollow when you tap on it). Be careful not to bang the pan putting it into the oven.