Warm Ginger Peach Cake
- 5 small Texas peaches, or 3 medium peaches peeled, halved and pitted.
- 5 Tablespoon raw sugar ( I have used regular)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger ( I liked it better with almond extract)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated suger
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted.
How to make it
- Butter a 9 1/2 in round cake pan
- If using medium peaches cut the halves in half again
- Sprinkle on 1/2 teaspoon on each flat side of each peach
- Arrange flat side down in cake pan.
- Stir the flour, baking powder, and ginger, set aside
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs ightly, mix them with the 1/2 cup sugar, then stir in the butter.
- Add dry ingredents, stir until smooth.
- Pour the batter over the peaches
- Top with the roasted almonds
- Bake in a 350 oven for about 45 minutes.
- Top will ge golden and center will spring back when touched lightly.
- Serve warm or cold.. with cream if wanted.
- I have added the changes I made.. I don't care for dry ginger and did not try fresh. The almond is wonderful.