Peanut Butter Chicken Vegetable Soup
- 8 cups chicken broth or stock
- 2 cups dices cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced potatoes (I prefer leaving the peel on for extra nutrients. Just be sure to scrub the potato well)
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced zucchini (do not peel)
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup natural, smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make it
- Combine broth, chicken, potatoes and carrots in a large stock pot.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until vegetables are nearly tender (approximately 10 minutes).
- Add the Zucchini, broccoli, tomatoes, celery, onion, green pepper and garlic.
- Simmer soup for another 10 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter, parsley, salt and pepper, stirring until the peanut butter is fully blended.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!