Candy Christmas Wreath
- ***Makes two wreaths***
- 1 wire coat hanger
- 30 pieces of assorted wrapped hard candies, suckers, or tootsie rolls
- 30 pieces of colorful curling ribbon, cut into 8" pieces
- Wire cutters
- Pliers to bend the hanger
- Masking tape
- A dull pair of scissors to curl the ribbon
- A big bow for the top of the wreath (optional)
How to make it
- Unbend the hanger and cut it in half.
- Bend the half-hanger into a circle and leave about 4" at the top to make a hook.
- Twist the end to make it look like a circle with a hook on it.
- Cut your curling ribbon into 8" pieces.
- Fold your ribbon in half.
- In the middle of that ribbon tie one piece of candy.
- Tie it on the end part of the candy where the paper twists.
- Now tie the candy with 2 knots tightly on to the hanger. Tie the candy right next to the wire to help cover it up.
- Use the scissors to curl the ribbon on each end.
- Repeat the process for all your candy pieces.
- It might take a few more or less than 30 pieces of candy depending on the size of each.
- Suckers should be tied close to the head.
- You may add a ribbon on the top to cover the hook if you want.
- I also tie on a pair of scissors so people can eat the candy when they visit.