Rum Croissant Bread Pudding In The Crockpot
- Time 180 minutes
- Serves 6
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light rum
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 5 large stale croissants cut into thirds horizontally
How to make it
- Grease crockpot insert generously with the butter.
- Combine milk, cream, eggs, sugar, rum, vanilla and pecans in a large bowl and stir well to combine.
- Divide croissant slices evenly into four piles.
- Place one pile in an overlapping fashion in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour in one third of the milk mixture.
- Add another layer of croissants then another third of the liquid.
- Repeat one more time finishing with a layer of croissants.
- Cover and set on high then cook for 1 hour then reduce heat to low and cook until custard is set.