Vegan Chai Coconut Cake
- 1 c Chai Tea
- 1/3 c Uncooked Quick Oatmeal (Not instant)
- 1 c Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 c Unbleached White Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- 3/4 c Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/3 c Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Organic Maple Syrup
- 1/2 c Chopped Pecans (Optional)
- 1/2 c Flaked Coconut, 2 tbsp Reserved
How to make it
- Prepare the Chai ahead of time by steeping two teabags in one cup of boiling water until cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 8-inch square baking pan.
- Combine the dry ingredients (oatmeal through sugar) in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add the Chai, applesauce, vinegar, vanilla, syrup, pecans and all but the 2 tablespoons of coconut.
- Mix well, and pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the reserved coconut and bake for about 25 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.