Chocolate Angel Ice Box Dessert
- 1 Angel Food cake
- 2 large pkgs. chocolate chips-semi-sweet
- 2 tlbs. sugar
- 4 eggs-seperated
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 c. chopped nuts
How to make it
- Crumble Angel Food into bite sized pieces.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips,add sugar and 4 egg yolks.Mix well and let cool.
- Meanwhile beat your 4 egg whites until stiff. In a seperate bowl, beat whipping cream.
- Carefully add beaten egg whites into chocolate mixture.
- Fold in whipped cream and mix in nuts. Mixture will look like a light chocolate pudding.
- In a large sheet cake pan(11x15) Cover pan with half of the cake pieces. Pour half of the chocolate mixture over cake. Repeat with remaining cake ending up with chocolate mixture.
- Refridgerate over night. You may not get the amount of servings called for,depending on pieces. It is a rich,chocolatety , creamy dessert. Bet you can't eat just one. I can't.