Honey Nut Snack Mix
- 4 cups toasted oat bran cereal
- 2 cups uncooked quick cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries or raisins
How to make it
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl then set aside.
- Stir together butter, brown sugar and honey in a small saucepan over low heat stirring until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture stirring to coat.
- Spread in a single layer on an aluminum foil lined jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 325 for 20 minutes stirring once.
- Stir in cranberries and bake 5 more minutes.
- Spread immediately on wax paper then cool.
- Store snack mix in an airtight container.