Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter; melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream; softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar; packed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
How to make it
- Butter a 9 inch square pan.
- To prepare crust, combine crumbs, sugar and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Press mixture firmly into prepared pan.
- Chill 1 hour or until firm. Or bake in a 375 degree F (190 degrees C) oven for 10 minutes or until edges are brown.
- Cool on rack before filling.
- To prepare filling, combine ice cream, pumpkin, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and orange juice, and pour into crust.
- Freeze until ready to serve.
- Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving, then cut into squares.