Mexican-style Country Ribs
- Time 360 minutes
- Serves 8
- 2-4 lbs pork country ribs (depends on the size of your slow cooker)
- 8-15 fresh tomatillos, cleaned and cut in quarters
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1-3 jalapeno or serrano chiles, roughly chopped (depending on your taste for "heat")
- 1-2 cubanelle (or other variety) peppers, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 or more garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
How to make it
- Place in slow cooker in this order:
- tomatilloes, onions, peppers, garlic, pork ribs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour chicken broth around sides.
- Slow cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove pork to plate.
- Puree vegetables and liquid in blender or food processor.
- Put puree back in crock pot and turn to high.
- Debone pork ribs, and add meat to sauce in crockpot.
- Serve when heated though and bubbly.
- Perfect as enchilada, burrito or taco filling, or on nachos, or anything!