- 2 cups or so shredded chicken
- Green salsa, like Herdez or Goya (salsa verde) to taste
- corn tortillas, about 8-10
- 2 cups white sauce
- cheese, either Monterrey Jack or a combination of Monterrey Jack and manchego
- Canola oil
How to make it
- Heat canola oil in frying pan.
- When hot, dip tortillas in one by one, until limp and almost puffy
- Make white sauce.
- Add salsa verde to taste, about 1/2 to 3/4 cup.
- Spray 9 x 13 pan with Pam.
- Lay one tortilla in the pan, fill with shredded chicken, a little cheese, roll as for enchiladas.
- Continue until the pan is full.
- Cover with the mixture of white sauce and salsa verde.
- Cover top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes until bubbly.
- Hint: Here in Texas our HEB grocery store stocks shredded chicken, and it works quite well and saves a lot of time. Otherwise, just shred a whole rotisserie chicken from your store.