Slow Cooked Chicken And Stuffing In The Crockpot
- Time 300 minutes
- Serves 16
- 2 1/2c. chicken broth
- 1c. butter
- 1/2c. chopped onion
- 1/2c. chopped celery
- 1/4c. dried parsley
- 1t. poultry seasoning
- 1t. salt
- 1/2t. pepper
- 12c. day old bread; cut into cubes
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (10 3/4oz.) cream of chicken soup
- 5-6c. cooked chicken; cubed
How to make it
- Combine 1st 8 ingredients in saucepan and simmer for 10 min.
- Place bread cubes in large bowl.
- Combine eggs & soup. Stir into slightly cooled broth mixture until smooth.
- Pour broth mixture over bread cubes and toss well.
- Spray a 5qt. slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Layer half of the stuffing and chicken.
- Repeat layers.
- Cook on low 4 1/2 - 5 hours or until meat thermometer inserted into stuffing reads 160F.
- 1 1/2t. rubbed sage and a 4oz. can of mushrooms can also be added to the ingredients in the saucepan before simmering.