Tortilla Chip Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- 1 can beans any kind will do (black, pinto, ranch style)
- 1 can diced tomatos
- 4 cups grated cheese (again your choice)
- 1 bag tortilla chips (I used a mixture of broken chips that I had been saving in a tupperware)
- 1/2 a onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic
- salt, pepper & cumin powder to taste
How to make it
- Cook ground beef, onion & green chilis in large skillet until meat is done; drain.
- add can of soup, beans, garlic, tomatos and paste.
- Heat mixture to boil and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Take mixture off heat.
- Put layer of tortilla chips in bottom of 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Add layer of meat mixture and layer grated cheese.
- Continue making layers of tortillas, meat mixture and cheese until all ingredients are used.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes.