Crab Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 1-5 ozs box of crab meat, drained
- 1/4 cup shallots or onions, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp fresh or dried parsley
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (flatten with a wood mallet)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Oil for browning
How to make it
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients except the chicken, the beaten egg and the breadcrumbs.
- Spread 1/2 of the mixture on each flattened chicken breast.
- Roll the chicken breasts and hold together with toothpicks.
- Place the beaten egg in a small bowl. Place the breadcrumbs in another small bowl.
- Dip the chicken breasts in the egg first and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Fry the chicken breasts until browned on all sides.
- Place the 2 chicken breasts in a 8" X 8" ovenproof pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until done or cooked through. Serve with rice or potatoes and vegetables of your choice.