Homemade Ramen Noodles
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- Oil for frying
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- Make a well in the middle and add the eggs and the water.
- Combine until it forms into a dough.
- Knead the dough for 10-15 minutes until elastic. (This will give you the nice chewy noodles you want for ramen style,)
- Let rest, covered, on the counter for 30 minutes.
- Roll the pasta on a well floured counter until very thin (about 1 mm).
- Use as much flour as necessary to keep it from sticking.
- If it keeps springing back on you, let rest for a couple of minutes and then keep rolling.
- Cut into the thin strips. I cut mine about 1/8" x 6".
- (Otherwise, if you have a pasta machine use that.)
- Lay out to dry somewhat in small piles for a couple of hours. You can twirl the strips into little bundles.
- Put oil in a frying pan and fry very quickly - they will puff up and be a white to light golden color.
- Put onto paper towel to cool.
- Boil in salted water until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator if you don't boil all your noodles.