Strawberry Tossed Salad
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch white pepper
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 4 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
How to make it
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well.
- Just before serving, toss the salad greens, strawberries, cheese and walnuts in a large salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss.