Stuffed Red Peppers For Sukkah
- 3 large red bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 lb. shredded cheese, such as fontina or Monterey Jack
- 4 oz. breadcrumbs or matzah meal
- 2 Tbs. chopped Italian parsley
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 4 small zucchini, finely chopped
How to make it
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove their seeds and cores.
- In a large bowl, combine 1⁄4 cup olive oil, garlic, cheese, 2 oz. breadcrumbs, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Mix well, then add the zucchini, tossing well to coat the zucchini.
- Stuff the peppers generously with the zucchini mixture.
- Lightly oil the bottom of a baking dish and place the stuffed peppers in it.
- Sprinkle the remaining olive oil, breadcrumbs and chopped Italian parsley over the peppers.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven about 45 minutes, until the peppers are tender and the surface of the stuffing is nicely browned. Serve warm or at room temperature.