Bacon-wrapped Water Chestnuts
- Time 45 minutes
- Serves 32
- 1 lb sliced bacon
- 1+ can of whole water chestnuts
- Half bottle, or so, of your favorite barbecue sauce
- About 35 toothpicks
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Cut sliced bacon in half.
- Wrap one half-slice of bacon around one whole water chestnut.
- Secure bacon to chestnut with toothpick.
- Arrange wrapped chestnuts on baking sheet (I line the sheet with foil first to minimize clean-up).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Baste wrapped chestnuts with barbecue sauce (I just take a table spoon and make sure the wrapped chestnut is nicely covered in sauce)
- Return them to the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes more.
- Arrange on a serving plate and enjoy!
- Mmmm mmmm mmm!!