Three Mushroom Meatloaf With Pepper Gravy
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 ounces assorted wild or button mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 3/4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pepper gravy:
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup diced red yellow or green bell pepper
- 12 ounce jar beef gravy
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves crushed
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large nonstick skillet heat 2 teaspoons butter over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion then cook and stir 3 minutes then add mushrooms and garlic.
- Cook and stir 8 minutes then remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt, thyme, pepper and mushroom mixture.
- Mix lightly but thoroughly then shape mixture in loaf on rack in broiler pan.
- Bake for 1-1/2 hours and meanwhile prepare gravy.
- In medium saucepan heat butter over medium heat until hot then add bell pepper.
- Cook and stir 5 minutes or until crisp tender then add gravy and thyme and heat through.
- Carve meatloaf into slices then serve with gravy.