Stabilized Whipped Cream Icing
- 1 tsp. unflavored gelatin
- 4 tsps. cold water
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream (at least 24 hours old and very cold)
- 1/4 c. confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp. clear vanilla extract (optional)
How to make it
- Combine gelatin and cold water in small saucepan. Let stand until thick. Place over low heat, stirring constantly just until gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Whip cream, sugar, and vanilla (if using) until slightly thickened. While beating slowly, gradually add gelatin to whipped cream mixture. Whip at high speed until stiff.
- Yield: 2 cups. Cakes iced with whipped cream must be stored in the refrigerator. You can use this as you would Cool Whip or other whipped topping in recipes.