Korean Stir Fried Beef
- 1 lb. flank steak, cut into stiry fry strips
- 4 green onions
- 2 tsp. veg. oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of both pepper & pepper flakes
- 1/4 c soya sauce
- 1/4 c. dry sherry or beef stock
- 4 tsp. sugar
- 1 T toasted sesame seeds
- 1 T cornstarch
- 1 T water
How to make it
- Trim and slice steak across the grain into strips about 2 inches long and 1/8 inch wide. Cut green onions diagonally into 1 inch pieces.
- In wok or large skillet, heat oil over high heat, just until starting to smoke. Stir fry steak, garlic, pepper & hot pepper flakes for 2 minutes until steak is still slightly pink.
- Add green onions, soy sauce, sherry, sugar and sesame seeds; bring to boil. Push meat mixture to the side.
- Blend cornstarch into water; add to liquid in center of wok and cook, stirring until thickened. Returtn meat mixture to sauce; toss to glaze.