Spinach Salad With Lemon Vinegrette
- Lemon Vinegrette Dressing:
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- Note: I have also used limes and oranges as an option.
- 1 - 2 teaspoons buckwheat honey
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce(optional)
- 1/4 cup + 1 to 2 Tbsp. light olive oil
- Whisk all ingredients together and set aside.
- 1 bag / container of baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1 celery rib, washed, peeled and chopped
- 1 apple, washed, cored and chopped (keep peel on for colour contrast)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, your choice and sliced
- 1/2 carrot, finely shredded
- Note: Sometimes I toss in some mandarin orange segments.
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients and toss together in a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle vinegrette over the salad then garnish with toasted slivered almonds just before serving.