Melanzane Alla Pomodoro And Vegan Parmesan
- 1 lb eggplant, sliced in 12 even rounds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, sliced in 12 even rounds
- 2 tbsp vegan parmesan cheese
- 12 large basil leaves
- 3 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
How to make it
- Preheat broiler and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place eggplant slices on parchment, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil 2 minutes on one side, then flip slices and sprinkle again with salt and pepper.
- Broil 3 minutes on the second side.
- Place a tomato slice on each eggplant round and top each with an equal amount of parmesan "cheese".
- Broil 1-2 minutes longer, just until tomatoes soften.
- Immediately remove rounds to serving plates, and top each with a basil leaf.
- Drizzle balsamic over each round and serve.