Dancing Shrimp Appetizers
- 3/4 pound medium very fresh sushi grade ocean shrimp
- 15 small Thai chilies cut into thin rounds
- 12 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 green onion white part only chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
How to make it
- Shell and butterfly shrimp then sear quickly over red hot coals to partially cook.
- Arrange on a serving platter.
- Crush chilies and garlic together with a heavy mortar and pestle to make a coarse paste.
- Add fish sauce and lime juice then stir in small amount of sugar to blend and intensify flavor.
- Stir well to blend then spoon sauce over shrimp.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onion, cilantro and mint leaves.