Sweet Potato Muffins With Struessel Topping
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- Streusel Topping
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. LIghtly spray muffin cups with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon until well blended.
- IN a medium bowl, mash the potatoes until coarse but not pureed and stir in the milk, eggs, and butter.
- Mix all ingredients until blended about 20 strokes.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups, dividing evenly.
- To make streusel topping, in a small bowl, stir the brown sugar, flour and cinnamn together. Add butter and mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the muffin cups evenly with topping and gently pat it down onto the top of the muffin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until a wooden skewer inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean and dry. Cool 1 minute, then remove from muffin cups.