Shrimp Stuffed Mushrooms
- Time 35 minutes
- Serves 12
- 1 lb Large mushroom caps - cleaned with stems removed
- 2 oz slivered almonds - toasted and chopped
- 8oz fresh chopped spinach - cooked and drained and cool to the touch
- 4 oz shrimp - cleaned and cooked minced
- 1 TBS lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 Lemon cut into wedges
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 small onion minced onions
- 1 Cup fine bread crumbs
How to make it
- Wash and trim the end of stems from mushrooms.
- Pop remaining stem out. Chop stems and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter; brush over mushrooms.
- Spray a shallow baking dish (about 8-inch square, or one which will fit mushrooms in one layer) with butter-flavored spray or grease with butter.
- Melt remaining butter in skillet; add reserved chopped stems, minced onions and garlic. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Toss shrimp with lemon juice
- Combine cooked ingredients with bread crumbs, shrimp, spinach, and seasonings. Fill each mushrooms, piling up.
- dust each mushroom with almonds
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes, until hot and mushroom caps are tender