Easy Vegetarian Calzones
- Pizza dough ( prepared or home made )
- 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 8 oz of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Your choice of cooked vegetables (broccoli, tomatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc.)
How to make it
- Prepare a batch of pizza dough by hand or using your bread machine.
- Or use store bought already made pizza dough
- Then, divide the dough into two balls, and roll out each ball into a circle.
- Spread tomato sauce over both circles, leaving a one-inch edge all the way around.
- Top half of each circle with your choice of vegetables, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Moisten the edge of the dough with water, and fold the untopped side over the filling.
- Then seal the edges by pressing down with the tines of a fork.
- Finish by cutting slits in the center of each calzone to allow the steam to escape.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.