French Onion Soup Casserole
- 3 jumbo yellow onions, sliced
- 2 T. butter
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 soup can milk
- 1 t. soy sauce
- 1/2 lb. Swiss cheese slices
- French bread, thinly sliced and buttered
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a glass 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Sauté sliced onions in butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat until transparent. Place in buttered baking dish.
- Whisk together chicken soup, milk and soy sauce. Pour over onions. Cover with Swiss cheese slices and sprinkle with pepper. Top with thinly sliced buttered French bread.
- Bake at for 35 minutes or until bubbly and brown.