Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 Tbs (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 ml) diced, peeled sweet potatoes
- 2 cups (500 ml) diced, unpeeled potatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers (capsicum), seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- Poached or fried eggs (optional)
How to make it
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over moderate heat.
- Add the vegetables, herbs, salt, pepper, and optional cayenne and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover and cook an additional 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
- Serve topped with poached or fried eggs if desired.