Disneys Great Northern Bean Soup
- Time 120 minutes
- Serves 8
- 1/2 pound dried great northern beans
- 10 cups water
- 4 Chicken bouillon cubes
- 3/4 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup smoked ham, diced
- 3/4 cup tomato, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 cup cornstarch dissolved in
- 2/3 cup water
How to make it
- Soak beans in water to cover overnight. Drain; rinse and place in large soup pot with 10 cups fresh water and bouillon cubes. Bring to
- boil; reduce heat to simmer. Cook 1 hour, until tender but firm on the inside.
- Add celelry, onions, and carrots; cook 30 minutes until tender. Add ham, tomato, salt, pepper, and thyme; mix well. Cook 10 minutes.
- Add cornstarch and water; simmer about minutes, until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat, cool 10-15 mins.