Polenta With Sausage Pepper And Onions
- 1 precooked package of polenta (log shaped - can be flavored) cut into 8 inch rounds
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage casing removed
- 2 large peppers (1 green, 1 red for color)
- 1 large onion
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce (I had homemade in freezer - jar sauce will work just as well)
- 4-6 Tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
How to make it
- Line broiler pan with aluminum foil and spray with non stick spray.
- Place polenta on foil and broil for approx. 8 minutes.
- In a 12 inch skillet spray with non stick spray.
- Add sausage and cook until brown breaking up pieces.
- Add peppers and onions and cook for 5 minutes until crisp tender.
- Add marinara sauce and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce onto polenta rounds and sprinkle with 4 to 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.