Christmas Picture Ornaments
- You will need:
- Craft glue such as Aylmer's.
- Coloured cardboard ie. bristle board, felt or very stiff fabric and pinking shears if you want to add a little more flare.
- Decorative items such as sequins, glitter, buttons, seasonal ribbon, coloured pipe cleaners, felt, gold or silver spray painted small elbow macaroni or other pasta shapes, cotton puffs, etc.
- Wallet sized photo cut to size if necessary.
- Ribbon or coloured string for hanging.
- Note: The sizes should be the size of a child's hand or larger.
How to make it
- Trace out the desired template onto a coloured card or print and trace onto felt or fabric.
- Cut out 2 shapes of bells, stockings, Christmas trees, mittens, stars or balls.
- Cut out a section to place the photo on one of the shapes.
- Place photo behind the cut out section and glue front and back pieces together. Be careful not to use too much glue but enough to hold either fabric or bristle board together.
- I like to punch a hole in the top of the ornament to string seasonal ribbon through.
- Note: It is not necessary to insert a picture. If you want to omit the picture, you can stuff the shapes with batting. The glue can also be omitted and the edges can be stitched together.