- Makes 8 burritos
- 1 can Pinto Beans (14.5 oz)
- 1lb diced chicken breast
- 1 tsp bacon grease
- 3/4c water
- 1 cup onion
- 1/2 cup Salsa ( I used Newman's Own medium)
- 4 oz Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp http://www.grouprecipes.com/134444/taco-potion-19---alton-brown.html
- 1 tbsp tabasco sauce
- 8 Whole Wheat Tortilla, LaTortilla Factory
How to make it
- Heat skillet to medium high, after heated add the bacon drippings and coat the pan. Quick sear and brown the diced chicken breast. Turn the heat down a notch then add the onions for a bit of a saute.
- Mix the http://www.grouprecipes.com/134444/taco-potion-19---alton-brown.html into 3/4c of hot water. Pour over
- Pour the mix over the browned chicken and softened onions, let simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in the salsa and pinto beans and mash well to combine. Add bean mixture to the chicken skillet and fold over to combine. Let simmer for another 10 minutes
- Warm tortillas in microwave wrapped in a dish towel with a bit of water
- Put about 1/2 cup of mixture on each tortilla. Top mixture with some shredded cheese and a dab or two of Tabasco and roll up.
- Top with some additional salsa. Serve warm.