TORTELLINI CAESAR SALAD
- 1 (9-14 oz.) pkg. frozen cheese tortellini (I always use frozen cheese tortellini)
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise (I use low fat mayonnaise)
- 1/4 c. milk (I use low fat or fat free milk)
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese (or you can use the shredded Parmesan in the bag found in the dairy case-don't use the one in the can though-it's way too dry and salty)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- 8 c. torn Romaine lettuce
- 1/3 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 c. seasoned croutons
- Halved grape or cherry tomatoes (optional-I use regular cut-up tomatoes when I don't have grape or cherry tomatoes-like in the salad in the picture)
How to make it
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, 1/4 c. Parmesan, lemon juice, garlic and pepper.
- Place tortellini in a large salad bowl.
- Add the Romaine lettuce and 1/3 c. Parmesan.
- Just before serving, drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Top with croutons and tomatoes, if desired. Yield: 10 servings.