Holiday Ham With Pineapple
- 1 whole bone-in fully cooked ham (12 to 14 pounds), spiral cut* or thinly sliced
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) pineapple juice
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 20 to 30 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
How to make it
- Place ham in a roasting pan.
- Slowly pour pineapple juice over ham so it runs between slices.
- Spoon pineapple over ham.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and cloves.
- Add raisins to pan juices.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Discard cloves.
- Cover and bake ham at 325 degrees for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140 degrees, basting every 20 minutes.
- Yield: 24-28 servings.
- If spiral cut ham is not available, ask your butcher to cut a fully cooked ham into 1/8-in.-thick slices and tie it securely.