Ham Steaks With Pineapple
- 2 4-oz ham steaks (you can buy these in a package at the store)
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 3 8-oz cans pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
How to make it
- Over moderately high heat, melt 2 Tbsp butter. Add ham steaks and sauté until lightly browned. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- Blot pineapples as dry as possible.
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp butter to pan. Add pineapple and sauté until edges begin to caramelize (about 4 to 5 minutes).
- Remove and reserve the pineapple.
- Add orange and pineapple juices to pan and reduce by ½ (about 5 to 6 minutes).
- Whisk in dijon and whole-grain mustards.
- Transfer ham steaks back into pan. Add caramelized pineapple chunks and toss.
- Heat thoroughly and season to taste.