Orange - Apricot Raisin Bran Muffins
- Time 20 minutes
- Serves 12
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 cups 100% Bran cereal
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1/3 cup raisins
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease 12 muffin cups.
- Stir together flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ginger. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cereal, juice and honey. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add egg and jam, beating well.
- Add flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Add raisins and fold in gently.
- Bake 20 minutes, then cool 10 minutes in tins before turning out onto wire racks.