Filled Raspberry Cupcakes
- Time 24 minutes
- Serves 18
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1 tbsp baking powder (make sure it's fresh)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 sticks (16 tbsp) unsalted butter at room temp
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs at room temp
- 2 tsp quality pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk at room temp
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam (or flavor of your choosing)
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line or spray muffin tins.
- Sift together flours, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat butter and sugar with mixer on med. speed until pale and fluffy, about three minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and add the flour mixture in three additions, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with flour.
- Beat until combined after each addition.
- Fill prepared cupcake tins a third full.
- Add about a tsp of jam filling. Taking care to keep the filling in the center of the cupcake.
- Cover Filling and sides with cupcake batter. Do not overfill.
- Bake 12 minutes, turn 180 drgrees and bake another 12 minutes till golden brown.
- The filling is lava-esqe until cooled.