Chavrie Apple Strudel
- Time 10-15 minutes
- Serves 5
- 1 bx. Phyllo dough
- ½ lbs. Butter (melted)
- 1ea. Granny Smith apple (peeled, cored, halved, and thinly sliced)
- 1 jar Fig jam
- 1 pkg. Chavrie Fresh goat cheese
How to make it
- • Pre heat oven to 375° F
- • Remove the phyllo dough from the box, unfold, and cover with a damp towel
- • Place 1 sheet of phyllo on the work surface and brush lightly with melted butter.
- • Repeat 2 more times to create 3 layers , being sure to keep the unbuttered phyllo covered
- • Spread Fig jam in a 1 ½ inch wide row ½ inch from the edge of the layered phyllo, leaving about 1/2 inch space on each end.
- • Place the apple slices on the jam in a uniform layer
- • Split the chavrie log in half and top the apples with the rounded side facing up
- • Fold the ends over the apples and cheese. Roll the phyllo and filling over onto itself to form a strudel roll.
- • Place the roll seam side on the baking sheet. Brush the top of the strudel with the butter.
- • Bake to a golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, and then cut into portions.