Italian Hamburger Casserole
- Time 75 minutes
- Serves 10
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional, I don't)
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 12 ounce package fine egg noodles
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups sour cream
- 12 green onions, chopped
- 8 ounces Mozzarella cheese, shredded
How to make it
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet.
- Stir in tomato sauce and seasonings.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook noodles as directed on package.
- In blender or processor combine cream cheese and sour cream.
- Stir in green onions.
- In a 13x9x2 baking dish layer the cooked noodles, the cream cheese mixture, meat sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour OR until bubbly.