Strawberries In Cabernet Sauvignon And Black Pepper Sauce
- 1-1/4 cups cabernet sauvignon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 vanilla bean halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 pints fresh strawberries hulled then cut lengthwise into halves
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 6 fresh mint sprigs
How to make it
- Whisk 1/4 cup of the wine and cornstarch in small bowl then set aside.
- Combine remaining wine, sugar and vanilla bean in medium saucepan then heat to boil.
- Whisk in cornstarch mixture then return to boil and cook until thickened then set aside.
- Melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat then add strawberries and cook 1 minute.
- Remove vanilla bean then add sauce and one turn of pepper mill.
- Heat to boil then remove from heat then divide strawberries and sauce among serving bowls.
- Place scoop of ice cream in center of each bowl then garnish with mint.