Orange Melt Away Cookies
- Time 35 minutes
- Serves 12
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1-3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/4 cup unsalted softened butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons orange flower water
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
How to make it
- In large bowl beat together butter, egg yolk and sugar until smooth and almost white in color.
- Add flour, orange juice, orange flower water and orange zest then blend well.
- Stir in nuts then shape into small rectangles and bake at 250 on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Cookies are done when bottoms turn pinkish brown in color about 35 minutes.
- If you want a crispier cookie bake for 45 minutes.